Welcome to the new site

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  saramarshall 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 12

Welcome to the new site. Divotmaker has been working hard to get everything moved over. We didn’t know if all the posts would be moved over, but they have been. We apologize if you received a lot of email notifications of past posts. Not sure why that happened, but as LC said, at least we know that part of it works.

This site has a little less frills as far as the posts and the forums go. Less is probably more. Less distractions on the posts anyway. We wanted to combine the forums with the news site.

If you have any issues, blame it on Divotmaker! 🙂

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

Excited to see this new format! I was sending a message to Admin and I am trying to reply back but when I look for the name it doesn’t pop up with the suggested names. How do I get an email to admin if I am not sure what the username is?

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 12

send it to me 🙂

jusme
      Participant
      • Topics - 258
      • Replies - 800
      • Total Posts - 1,058

The message does not self populate with your name. I tried typing in Elk Grove Laguna Forums, EGL Admin and nothing came up. Anyway, here is my FB link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1817376518477444/

This FB Group is for women who are interested in getting lip color that does not leave a mark on your coffee cups, your sweeties cheeks or lips and the color stays on for up to 10 hours! Check out my link, you are welcomed to look at all of the albums.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

Some postings from the previous site did not transfer to the new one. Probably a time cut off?

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
      Keymaster
      • Topics - 3
      • Replies - 9
      • Total Posts - 12

Any posts made sometime on Thursday did not transfer over. It was a length process.

jason92s
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

You can also click on a person’s username or image in the forum posts, then click the “Private Message” button to send a PM.

Mahea
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

How funny I was going to ask how long ago the site changed. I came on here to see if there was info on the lights at the Ranch and I found what I was looking for.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I wasn’t even aware there was going to be a new site.. I started getting all kinds of emails about old posts.. I thought something was spamming me so I unsubscibed… had no clue until I tried to log in and there was an error.. Good thing there was a “or go to”..

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

Quick question…When I used to go on, there was a view that would order for various Forums (Fora?) in reverse order of when the last post appeared. I can’t seem to find that view. Is it still accessible? Thanks!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Yes, What Steve said. That that function or ability exists here it would be great. It was really easy to see what new threads had responses since your last visit.

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
      Keymaster
      • Topics - 3
      • Replies - 9
      • Total Posts - 12

I will check with divot on the recent posts thing.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

Hola!

jason92s
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

I just added that functionality so you will see a little blue flag for a topic with the replies in it that you haven’t seen. There’s also an option to “Mark all as read” (it’s next to Subscribe). You can also check the box “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” or subscribe to a topic to be notified of new replies. See below.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jason92s.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jason92s.

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 12

I like how when you scroll the header stays where it is at

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Ok I don’t have a cute little blue flag on unread topics. Maybe it’s the web browser I am using, I don’t know. I have been relying on the “recent posts” list on the right side of the main page.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

The flood of mail happened because the posts were imported as if they were new posts. I would guess the default account settings have ‘notify on being named’ features turned on, thus the flood.

I’m mostly interested in seeing what the new posts are, but I don’t see how to do that yet for all forums. Any hints would be appreciated.
    I can tell after I’ve entered a forum, though. 8)

Good job at copying over old posts. Looks like my post count is about right. 8)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  adiffer.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

In fact, it appears the site is still processing all the old posts to construct notifications.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

Fist time logging into the new site. Looking good!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.