fbpx
Advertisements

Wells Fargo Cellular Telephone Protection

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gearshark23 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

I may be late to the party on this, but we just learned that if you use a Wells Fargo card to pay your monthly cell phone bill, you’re eligible for $600 in phone coverage. Some friends just told us about this and they’ve used the coverage twice for their daughter’s phone that was broken.

Link

Pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and you’ll get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible).
    Coverage may include up to four cell phones as listed on your wireless cell phone bill. The cellular telephone is protected against damage or theft, however coverage does not include cell phones that are lost.1
    Note: Call your cellular provider (or log on to their website) and request to set up automatic payments. Setting up automatic payments is not required to qualify for this cellular telephone protection benefit; however, you need to pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card to get up to $600 protection.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

thank you! I use my WF debit – but I can switch it over

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I wonder if other credit card companies offer similar protections? Thanks for the info.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

@newmom 126845 wrote:

I wonder if other credit card companies offer similar protections? Thanks for the info.

Here’s what I found:

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/eliminating-fees/banks-that-will-pay-for-your-broken-iphone/

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I’ll have to start using it, I usually pay with my WF debit card…. I’ll switch next month.

Good info.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

What if your WF card is a credit/debit card? Of does it have to be just a credit card?

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@EGL Admin 126857 wrote:

What if your WF card is a credit/debit card? Of does it have to be just a credit card?

Good question.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

@EGL Admin 126857 wrote:

Has to be paid with a credit card. I’m thinking if you have a combo card it will default to the credit card when you pay it online so you’d be good. I did notice on the WF website that not all cards are eligible for this protection so probably a good idea to call them to make sure.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@divotmaker 126847 wrote:

Here’s what I found:

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/eliminating-fees/banks-that-will-pay-for-your-broken-iphone/

Thanks! I was just going to call my credit card company to see.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.