fbpx

What are your plans for Christmas?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gearshark23 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We are spending Christmas eve with friends after going to church. Spending Christmas Day with family at our house. My wife is making a very non-traditional Christmas lunch of Cioppino. I would prefer the usual Prime Rib myself.

We used to host both sides of our family and would have 30-40 people. But the kids get older and get married and want to spend time with that side of the family so it’s gets hard to get everyone together. Last year we only had 10 people over. It was actually nice. Very quiet and much easier. This year I think we will have about 12 people. First Christmas without my mom who passed away in January so that will be different. We know she is looking down on us and smiling. 🙂

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

So for your loss.

For myself we are doing Xmas eve at my parents house, Christmas day morning at our house with our son and then in the afternoon we are going to my wife’s families house.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

It’ll be another Norwegian Christmas for me![ATTACH=CONFIG]1780[/ATTACH]

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Decided to go from cold to colder huh? 😉

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Mom and dad are coming to our house. Dinner and typical Christmas Day shenanigans.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I do what I can to get a white Christmas!

Norwegians really know how to do Christmas, lemme tell you. I had a fantastic time two years ago with my son and his inlaws, and am really looking forward to it again this year. His nephews are older, too, which will increase the fun quotient exponentially!

party-of-six
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 111
    • Total Posts - 120

My husband is on duty on Christmas eve and we will go have Christmas dinner with family.

AdamsMommy
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 146
    • Total Posts - 161

I am baking cookies with my son on christmas eve and read twis the night before christmas. Then, cook a little something on Christmas for my kids, and of course praying to the lord…(simple but sweet)

pepsilvr
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 1,278
    • Total Posts - 1,383

Christmas eve game night, drinks, and goodtimes. Christmas day dinnrr with the usuals. For some reason I decided not to take off any time! This was a bonehead move on my part.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Pretty much cooking/smoking non stop until then. Christmas day to relax, then off to Sunriver!

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

Going to Bakersfield to be with my daughter and family.. I always have the best time there.. We will make homemade tamales and I will get some authentic mexican food.. Then i will come home and diet for the next six months .

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Trying to get my husband’s sister and her family to come over for Christmas. They are the ONLY family within 400 miles of us who actually celebrates Christmas(or any holiday for that matter) but they usually don’t come over.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I found out that I am running Christmas Eve morning.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

In a Santa suit?

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Nope. In my usual running gear. It is a friendly little run.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Doc I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your first year without your mom. many hugs. I know its tough.
    Tom= you are insane 😉 – running on christmas. 🙂

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Thanks Viola. It’s different. Last year at this time she was in and out of the hospital and came home Christmas eve which was the best present we got last year and then she left us on January 2. At least she was home.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

That’s why you like me viola… 😉

kermit
    Participant
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 62
    • Total Posts - 82

Christmas Eve church and ice cream at Denny’s after (kind of a tradition), then Christmas day my family will come to my house for the first time in many moons for dinner. Trying to keep the true meaning of Christmas this year and remembering why I celebrate. I don’t want to get so caught up in all the gift giving and all of that. My pastor gave a great, albeit very short sermon on Sunday, on keeping Christmas centered on Christ instead of possession, positions and people. It’s hard to do – but so important (for me anyway) 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy