fbpx

What area do you like to go wine tasting?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LC 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

What’s your favorite area? Napa, Lodi, Amador (foothills), Clarksburg? For a day trip we like Amador. There’s so many wineries up there. We belong to one called Villa Toscano and their sister winery Bella Piazza. My favorite part is that every Friday and Sunday they serve a pasta buffet that is free for wine club members. We try to go once or twice a month. It’s really not that far. About 45 minutes from Elk Grove. It’s a very nice and scenic drive. We like Napa too, but that’s more of a two day trip and Bay Area traffic sucks. The Clarksburg area is also really good and it’s close, especially for those on the west side of Elk Grove.

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

All of the above. We also enjoy McConnell Vineyards which is local. I have accumulated so much wine I need to drink up what I have before venturing out again. Winetasting is a favorite past time of mine.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Villa Toscano is our favorite in Amador County, especially their Margherita Pizza. Beautiful facility.

Yesterday we did wine tasting in Placer County. The wineries range from very fancy, somewhat equivalent to Villa Toscano, to wine tasting sheds at small mom and pop vineyards. We loved it, although due to the heat the wines are sweeter and generally not as good as in other places although we did pick up a couple of nice bottles we liked. The wines are more expensive there than in Amador in general, $30 up. Napa is OK. Obviously the food and wine is the best, but it’s very expensive, PITA with the traffic. We go once every couple of years.

Our favorite place isn’t local, it’s west of Roseburg OR, along the South Umpqua River. Similar to Amador and Placer in size, but far superior wines. They still have some free tasting there too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy