fbpx

What is the going rate from the Tooth Fairy?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Scarlet 8 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

Okay, my six year old is about to lose her first tooth. She’s my oldest child, so we haven’t had to do the tooth fairy thing yet. When I was little, I think my dad left me 50 cents or silver dollar. What is the going rate these days?

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Last I heard, it was an ipad.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My child got $5 for the first tooth, partly because it was the first and exciting for us all, but mostly b/c we had just gotten back from Italy 18 hours prior and it was the only money that we had that wasn’t in Euros. Each tooth after that has been $1.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

$5 for us. Or a nice note about how the tooth fairy applied her reward to her school tuition. Depends on whether the tooth fairy has been to the ATM or not…

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

sheez $5, can you come to my house. Maybe something a little bit more practical for my practical family, a dollar.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

We’ve been doing two dollars. Someone, I think back on EGO, had mentioned getting special coins at the bank which I thought was a great idea. I wished I had thought of that long before. With my youngest, I went to to bank and got gold dollar coins and we’ve been doing 2 pieces of “pirate money.” It is fun. The other nice thing about doing it that way is that you can stock up and then you won’t find yourself with no money when the need arises. πŸ™‚

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

we always did a $1.00

Basketballcoach
    • Topics - 40
    • Replies - 346
    • Total Posts - 386

Always used gold dollars and that made it special. One time I forgot and my son mentioned at breakfast that the tooth fairy had forgotten him. I quickly placed the gold dollars under his pllow while he was still eating his breakfast. After he finished eating, I told him to go make his bed and check to be sure the fairy had forgotten him. When he found the gold coins I told him it must have been the “day” fairy helping out the tooth fairy. He didn’t buy it and the gig was up.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@basketballcoach 35289 wrote:

Always used gold dollars and that made it special. One time I forgot and my son mentioned at breakfast that the tooth fairy had forgotten him. I quickly placed the gold dollars under his pllow while he was still eating his breakfast. After he finished eating, I told him to go make his bed and check to be sure the fairy had forgotten him. When he found the gold coins I told him it must have been the “day” fairy helping out the tooth fairy. He didn’t buy it and the gig was up.

That’s sad!!!!

Cmireflection
    • Topics - 19
    • Replies - 426
    • Total Posts - 445

ROFLMAO!!!! All these posts have me rolling… $5?!?!?!!!!? Sheesh…! The tooth fairy in my home surely came from a “different” side of town. A .50 cent piece per tooth is what was left in my home. There was always one on hand because they had been collected when I worked retail as a teen.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Cmi, when I was a kid I got a dime or a quarter too, maybe a 50 cent piece.

madforplaid
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 145
    • Total Posts - 154

$1 per tooth in our house!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.