fbpx
Advertisements

When is the light parade?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Leok20 4 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #176673

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    I have searched and searched and could find nothing about it for this year.. not well advertised I would say.

    Anyone know when it is?

    Not looking to be in it, I tried to contact King about getting in and I was ignored for months, so I gave up.. but I would like to watch it perhaps this year.

  • #288236

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    You are looking in the right place! It is always the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That day is the Dickens Faire. Then at night is the light parade. They have changed the parade route this year. It used to start in Old Town at School Street and then cross the tracks and end at Walnut where they would light the tree. This year it will start over by Emerald Park Drive, off Elk Grove-Florin, south of EG Blvd. Then it will head north on EG Florin, turn right on EG Blvd and then stop at Walnut for the tree lighting.

    Did you mean you tried to contact Lynden King? anyone can enter and be a part of it. I wouldn’t rely on one person. The website to get an application is http://www.elkgrovewebs.com/df/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-HOLIDAY-Parade-App_Dickens-Faire-2015.pdf

    Our Real Estate office is right there in Old Town and a few years ago they gave us crap because every year we have Santa come to our office during the holidays and take photos with clients. So one year we did during the Dickens Faire. Santa was inside our office, no one knew unless they were invited. They said we couldn’t have Santa there because they were having Santa at the Dickens Faire and it would be too confusing. Good grief.

  • #288241

    Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

    Plasma – come and line up with us 🙂 we will probably have about 400 Girl Scouts. We can walk behind one of your designs 🙂

  • #288240

    newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

    @EGL Admin 119218 wrote:

    You are looking in the right place! It is always the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That day is the Dickens Faire. Then at night is the light parade. They have changed the parade route this year. It used to start in Old Town at School Street and then cross the tracks and end at Walnut where they would light the tree. This year it will start over by Emerald Park Drive, off Elk Grove-Florin, south of EG Blvd. Then it will head north on EG Florin, turn right on EG Blvd and then stop at Walnut for the tree lighting.

    Did you mean you tried to contact Lynden King? anyone can enter and be a part of it. I wouldn’t rely on one person. The website to get an application is http://www.elkgrovewebs.com/df/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-HOLIDAY-Parade-App_Dickens-Faire-2015.pdf

    Our Real Estate office is right there in Old Town and a few years ago they gave us crap because every year we have Santa come to our office during the holidays and take photos with clients. So one year we did during the Dickens Faire. Santa was inside our office, no one knew unless they were invited. They said we couldn’t have Santa there because they were having Santa at the Dickens Faire and it would be too confusing. Good grief.

    Really? What could they do about it? What you do in your business for your clients isn’t their concern unless you are breaking the law.

  • #288245

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @EGL Admin 119218 wrote:

    You are looking in the right place! It is always the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That day is the Dickens Faire. Then at night is the light parade. They have changed the parade route this year. It used to start in Old Town at School Street and then cross the tracks and end at Walnut where they would light the tree. This year it will start over by Emerald Park Drive, off Elk Grove-Florin, south of EG Blvd. Then it will head north on EG Florin, turn right on EG Blvd and then stop at Walnut for the tree lighting.

    Did you mean you tried to contact Lynden King? anyone can enter and be a part of it. I wouldn’t rely on one person. The website to get an application is http://www.elkgrovewebs.com/df/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-HOLIDAY-Parade-App_Dickens-Faire-2015.pdf

    Our Real Estate office is right there in Old Town and a few years ago they gave us crap because every year we have Santa come to our office during the holidays and take photos with clients. So one year we did during the Dickens Faire. Santa was inside our office, no one knew unless they were invited. They said we couldn’t have Santa there because they were having Santa at the Dickens Faire and it would be too confusing. Good grief.

    For me to “do it right” it takes a lot of planning.. I had some ideas to “kick it up a notch” but needed to talk to the person in charge.. So anyway, the entry form wasn’t even available on line when I tried.. so I gave up.. Figured if it wasn’t that important to them, perhaps it wasn’t that important.

  • #288246

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @scarlet 119231 wrote:

    Plasma – come and line up with us 🙂 we will probably have about 400 Girl Scouts. We can walk behind one of your designs 🙂

    aaawwwhhh.. Thank you Scarlet.. What a kind offer.. I do riding.. not walking.. LOL.. I am an old man ya know.. hee hee..

  • #288237

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @plasmadrive 119235 wrote:

    For me to “do it right” it takes a lot of planning.. I had some ideas to “kick it up a notch” but needed to talk to the person in charge.. So anyway, the entry form wasn’t even available on line when I tried.. so I gave up.. Figured if it wasn’t that important to them, perhaps it wasn’t that important.

    You have 4 weeks, come on do it!

  • #288238

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @newmom 119234 wrote:

    Really? What could they do about it? What you do in your business for your clients isn’t their concern unless you are breaking the law.

    Nothing they could do. But they didn’t feel bad asking if they could use our porch for their Santa to take photos and oh could we also leave out a chair for him. My wife is more diplomatic than me. I would have said shove it. About 3-4 years ago I set up a table on our lawn for the website. Someone came around and asked if I had a vendor number or something. I said no. She said I needed to fill out a form. I said no I didn’t since it was our property. They wanted me to pay to set up s table on our property. LOL. I said no.

  • #288247

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @EGL Admin 119238 wrote:

    You have 4 weeks, come on do it!

    You realize my Christmas display at home takes many months.. right? At least it is all up and running now.. so I don’t have to do that…. Maybe.. have to think about it.. Love the scouts though.. Loves me some of those cookies! ha ha..

  • #288242

    Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

    I’m sure we can work something out with the cookies 🙂 Small float this year with the girls walking behind

  • #288239

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @plasmadrive 119249 wrote:

    You realize my Christmas display at home takes many months.. right? At least it is all up and running now.. so I don’t have to do that…. Maybe.. have to think about it.. Love the scouts though.. Loves me some of those cookies! ha ha..

    You can put together something smaller.

  • #288248

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @EGL Admin 119263 wrote:

    You can put together something smaller.

    I don’t paint on a postage stamp! :wink2:

  • #288249

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @scarlet 119252 wrote:

    I’m sure we can work something out with the cookies 🙂 Small float this year with the girls walking behind

    uuummmm…. really….. 400 cookies… arrr.. ahhhhh…. I mean scouts? That is a lot of younguns in a small space… I will send you a PM..

  • #288253

    wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

    I love parades! Next up is Veteran’s Day!

  • #288250

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @scarlet 119252 wrote:

    I’m sure we can work something out with the cookies 🙂 Small float this year with the girls walking behind

    Scarlet, I find my time is going to be too short this year to work on anything for the girls. I am sorry. I waited this long because I needed to find out whether or not I could work around some pending obligations.. I can not…. Seems they are not going to let me retire for good… :weights:

  • #288244

    kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

    Plasma…..you could always just give up sleeping. 😉

    Can the satellite see your house from space yet??

  • #288251

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @kindrlindr 119734 wrote:

    Plasma…..you could always just give up sleeping. 😉

    Can the satellite see your house from space yet??

    Ha ha.. you are assuming I actually do sleep.. silly girl. :sarcastic

    Not sure.. but I would be happy to find out!

  • #288243

    Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

    Don’t worry we will get you out of retirement…

  • #288254

    Leok20
    Member
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 24

    Don’t forget to see the cub scouts as well. They will
    Be selling See’s candy and jerky at the fair.

    They don’t sell yummy yummy Girl Scout cookies so they need some help from the community.

  • #288252

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    Well for those that know me, you know I love to help the kids… so if the scouts.. as in both types… are willing to plan something in advance for next year, I will help if I can.

    However, the troop has to have a theme and a plan of what they want the outcome to be. Can’t be hap-hazard if you want my help. It’s all about direction and planning.. Aug-Sept would be the time that the theme and the direction needs to be figured out and stapled down. (sooner is not a bad thing) It doesn’t have to be built or finished by then, but a clear direction forward established.

    I will also only help those that are willing to put forth effort to help themselves.. So it is up to your troops and leaders..

    So there you go.. Please let me know if this is something you want to do so I can plan…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.