fbpx
Advertisements

Where can I get an RV washed?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  onhoth2o 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

onhoth2o
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 24
    • Total Posts - 34

Is there anywhere in Elk Grove that washes RVs? I need mine cleaned (exterior only) before Sunday. Could I take it to a truck wash? If yes, is there one of those in Elk Grove?

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

On Klaage Court over off of Harbor Point there is a Kelly’s Car Wash that has an express station. It’s a do it yourself – You might want to call and see what clearance is – Or were you looking for a placed that washed it for you?

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

I take mine to 49er Truck wash in Sacramento, 2828 El Centro road. It costs $1.00 foot plus $6.00 environmental fee. They do a good job but sometimes there is a long line of trucks and you may be there a couple of hours if they are busy.

Mine will not fit in Kellys Car Wash self service so I take it to the truck wash once or twice a year, then wax it and put the cover on it. In between I keep it clean with wash and wax, a waterless washing system.

Good luck with which ever way you decide.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

There used to be a truck wash off East Stockton kind of near the old Harley Davidson building
    Did that close?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

onhoth2o
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 24
    • Total Posts - 34

@loonyman 114698 wrote:

I take mine to 49er Truck wash in Sacramento, 2828 El Centro road. It costs $1.00 foot plus $6.00 environmental fee. They do a good job but sometimes there is a long line of trucks and you may be there a couple of hours if they are busy.

Mine will not fit in Kellys Car Wash self service so I take it to the truck wash once or twice a year, then wax it and put the cover on it. In between I keep it clean with wash and wax, a waterless washing system.

Good luck with which ever way you decide.

I’m kind of new at this. They do more than pressure wash it? Do they dry it off?

By the way, I have some painted stripes over gelcoat/fiberglass with clear coat over it because the RV wasn’t covered by the previous owner. The clear coat is bubbling. Do you know of a shop that can fix that? If you have suggestions, I would appreciate your thoughts.

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

@onhoth2o 114776 wrote:

I’m kind of new at this. They do more than pressure wash it? Do they dry it off?

By the way, I have some painted stripes over gelcoat/fiberglass with clear coat over it because the RV wasn’t covered by the previous owner. The clear coat is bubbling. Do you know of a shop that can fix that? If you have suggestions, I would appreciate your thoughts.

They don’t “Pressure wash.” you drive in, it gets hosed down by a machine, employees then scrub it with soap and brushes, then the machine rinses it off. You drive off and by the time you get beck home it’s easy to dry off.

You can check with a body shop about what to do with the clear cote. Try Capital Collision Center, 6224 Turner Road, Sacramento. (916)374-7282. The owner is an Elk Grove resident.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.