fbpx
Advertisements

Where to teens go on Halloween?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  leowm 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I used to do a really big thing on Halloween and we would get up to 3500 people in a 3hr time span…. lots and lots of adults and teens.. So what do teens do now a days for Halloween?

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Well, one year I got a bunch……..dressed very—-creatively? One teen girl took two plungers and made them into a bikini top, and rubber gloves hanging down in a tutu type skirt for her bottom layer. Seriously? Very creative even if it WAS seriously umm….adultstripperclub type?

There isn’t much to do for teens around here, unless the schools are hosting any type event?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Outside of haunted houses, not much. Schools won’t be doing anything. It’s on a Saturday night this year so kids will be out later.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

@plasmadrive 118606 wrote:

I used to do a really big thing on Halloween and we would get up to 3500 people in a 3hr time span…. lots and lots of adults and teens.. So what do teens do now a days for Halloween?

Mine are going to your house for 3 hours. Ha ha. On Friday, October 30th, my two teens will be helping their karate school put on a Halloween party for the little kids. On Halloween night, we all will be trying out Corner Bakery for a complimentary dinner for four with thanks to Doc. I gave them the option of staying home to give out candy to the little kids, which they love to do, but they really wanted to try Corner Bakery.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My daughter is doing some trick or treating, but then it’s off to bed because she has a cheer competition early the next morning.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

We have a softball tournament that day, so the girls will be playing ball until night time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2151[/ATTACH]

This is their Halloween uniform. They are going to rock Rocklin!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

We don’t do Halloween here because there are no kids around here…. I have given all my Halloween props away years ago.. but I miss it a lot.. may have to think about this a bit.

Back in the 90s we used to do Halloween on Turtle Dove Court. Man was that something. It was a safe place for everyone to go and have some fun. Blocked off the street and all the neighbors participated. Usually only took an hour for us to go thru 50lbs of candy.. that was our limit, after that it was just the show. By 93 we were getting more costumed adults than anything. The teens came in costume and were really innovative. Those were some fun times.. Fog machines, sound systems, strobe lights, special effects, computerized moving lights, high power laser systems, lightning effects that were very very bright.. (looked like the real thing)… All the houses and yards were decorated and residence in costume. We had grave yards, haunted lawns, ghosts, witches, monsters, scarecrows.. it was so much fun… and we all did it just because it was fun and we wanted to share a great experience with everyone.

I miss those days..

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I feel bad for my daughter, lol she wants to go. She is a big kid at heart. Since its sat night. I am going to have the kids have friends over, and my daughter Elizabeth and I will go all “awww and ohhhh” and look at all the cute costumes. I love halloween. I like to see the kids in their outfits. It’s so much fun. But yes it is hard for the teens. They want to be adults, but yet they have the kid in them still.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I love Halloween, I make a big production of decorating. We get lots of teenage kids who come trick or treating, some people complain they are too old – heck you are never too old for Halloween! I gave out play-doh a couple of years, and I think the bigger kids loved it more then the little kids. My kids still dress up even if they have no place to go.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

My husband is going to dress up and he is dressing up his Mutt the Dog. They want me to put on my bumble bee outfit, why oh why, what did I marry into 😉 lol

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’ve never been a fan of Halloween. That and New Years Eve are the two most overrated days. It feels like you have to do something. For adults it usually revolves around drinking. Seeing drunk people act stupid is not my thing.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Halloween is fantasy night for everyone.. you can be anything or anybody you want for a few hours. Halloween is the best day to play with fantasy special effects.

Never really noticed the drinking thing on Halloween.. not like NYE..

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I’ve really backed off Halloween recently. I might go to Newsom’s house because I know she can cook cool stuff, and I couldn’t pass up Tom’s place as he’ll have some of his grilled Mexican stuff I need to try. I’m passing on Doc’s–Chipotle’s samples or 1/10th of a LCP slice just isn’t that appealing.

leowm
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 20

I just moved to Camden Passage from the West side of Elk Grove and my neighbor told me last year they had more than 400 kids, including the teens. I don’t mind as long as they are dressed up. I have already bought 5 or 6 of the giant bags of candy from Costco.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 118627 wrote:

I’ve never been a fan of Halloween. That and New Years Eve are the two most overrated days. It feels like you have to do something. For adults it usually revolves around drinking. Seeing drunk people act stupid is not my thing.

Same here. Since the kids have grown up we don’t have more than 8-10 total for Halloween so we started shutting down and catching a movie a few years ago. We try to spend NY in Oregon now, hated the stupid parties, most boring holiday eve ever.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

I thought teens were raiding Costco for flats of eggs.

We’ll be at First Baptist for their Harvest Festival. Fun games, bounce houses, cheap food, entertainment like a magic show, tons of candy. All free except the food at a nominal cost. Been doing that for 10+ years now. My older kids will be helping at a booth part of the time. Family friendly.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@bainc 118632 wrote:

I thought teens were raiding Costco for flats of eggs.

We’ll be at First Baptist for their Harvest Festival. Fun games, bounce houses, cheap food, entertainment like a magic show, tons of candy. All free except the food at a nominal cost. Been doing that for 10+ years now. My older kids will be helping at a booth part of the time. Family friendly.

We did that one year. It was cool.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

oh yes , getting drunk is my thing.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Is it rude to put a sign on my door that say’s “No Costume, No Candy”?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@lc 118629 wrote:

I’ve really backed off Halloween recently. I might go to Newsom’s house because I know she can cook cool stuff, and I couldn’t pass up Tom’s place as he’ll have some of his grilled Mexican stuff I need to try. I’m passing on Doc’s–Chipotle’s samples or 1/10th of a LCP slice just isn’t that appealing.

Do you mean me, or Gavin Newsom?

Because I won’t be home….I will be taking my almost 8 year old out trick or treating. He’s going as a Ghostbusters guy and is pretty darn cute.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

It isn’t just me. Spell check is getting crazy. On FB, Carly’s last name is Florin unless you correct it. Or, it might have been me. Thanks, Gavin. Hey your ex-wife is really hot.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

When I type in newmom it autocorrects to stubborn. 😎

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@plasmadrive 118628 wrote:

Halloween is fantasy night for everyone.. you can be anything or anybody you want for a few hours. Halloween is the best day to play with fantasy special effects.

Never really noticed the drinking thing on Halloween.. not like NYE..

Go to a party where adults are. It’s all about the drinking.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@EGL Admin 118657 wrote:

When I type in newmom it autocorrects to stubborn. 😎

You don’t want to know what Doc autocorrects to. One small letter makes a BIG difference.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’m used to be called that! 🙂

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@EGL Admin 118658 wrote:

Go to a party where adults are. It’s all about the drinking.

I’m thinkin maybe we go to different parties. :drink::wd::haha:

Now FOOD.. that is where it is at….

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

Well now, no reason to have a little of both. Good food with good beer and wine. All this is predicated on responsible drinking. I love trying the different local breweries in Sacramento. Of course, a pint or two at a time.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Do they allow drinking at the senior home? 🙂

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@EGL Admin 118670 wrote:

Do they allow drinking at the senior home? 🙂

OUCH!

:funny3:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.