fbpx
Advertisements

Worst parking lots in Elk Grove?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Aggies49 4 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #175661

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    egysl1.jpg


    Mine would be the lot by Chipotle. The spots seem narrow and making that turn into the lot to go towards Chipotle is tight. If I take my truck I have to back into a spot. No way I can pull into a spot.
    Another one I don’t like is the one by Target. it’s huge and no issue finding a spot, but it seems like there are never any spots anywhere near the store. We always park way out and walk in anyway, but sometimes it’s nice to park close.
    Another bad one is the lot where the post office is on Bruceville. Glad I don’t have to go in there.

    The winner is going to get to drive around the parking lot all day! :sarcastic

    lms2.jpg
  • #276890

    MooseMom
    Member
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 254
    • Total Posts - 353

    Laguna and Bruceville, where Party City, etc are….. NASTY!

  • #276884

    newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

    Yep-the Party City/Chipotle lot is terrible. Glad we don’t go there but maybe once or twice a year. I agree-narrow spots, odd turn angles. It was poorly done.

  • #276891

    SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

    I agree about that lot.

  • #276906

    Aggies49
    Member
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 119
    • Total Posts - 124

    Another vote here for the Chipotle parking lot. Too cramped

  • #276893

    Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

    I vote for the Target lot, but in front of Michaels. God forbid if you try to back out, it’s like Laguna raceway, do you think ONE kind person will let you out or slow down? Phfffttt…..

  • #276885

    newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

    That part is bad, Ila. I don’t bother to park along that stretch anywhere in that parking lot. Too many speeding cars.

  • #276894

    loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

    That Chipotle parking lot is probably the worst one not only because it is tight but also crowded and full of impatient drivers. I rarely venture into that side. I employ the same method I use in almost all parking lots, park far away and walk where I am going. It’s better than getting stressed out over pulling in or out and it’s so much more relaxing.

    Target and the Post Office on Bruceville? I rarely go there but when I do I have my “Secret spots” that are never crowded. Again, just a short walk away and watching all the cars try to drive by the front of the store where there are tons of people trying to walk and push shopping carts out in front of cars. I also rarely go there on weekends which helps.

  • #276881

    joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

    Chipotle is the worst. The old Walmart parking lot is also a mess.

  • #276882

    LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

    One I designed and built. SWC Laguna and Bruceville, I think Bamboo Inn and maybe Jimboys? This was one of our shoehorning projects to get every square foot of buildable on the lot, and to do that and meet parking code I designed all compact parking spaces up front. That was fine in theory, but then the minivans started coming in and lots of complaints. It was actually one of the reasons we sold the center–the other being that we felt the somewhat limited parking would cap volumes, which utimately caps rent. Since then we’ve always under built and over parked and rarely have any problems.

  • #276886

    tomwaltman
    Member
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

    I really hate the sports authority parking lot, although not as much as the chipotle parking lot…

  • #276889

    lizzie
    Member
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

    Chiptole, Sees, Kenny G Chilis parking lot is the worst followed by the Togo’s, Super Taco and dentist that is never open.

  • #276900

    wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

    Ditto the See’s Candy (sorry, Doc) lot and the EGBL Walmart and the Laguna postoffice!

  • #276901

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    Geeez where is my I-5 folks.

    Let’s see

    Raley’s WTF… so much wasted space, forget about going there around 4:00 – 5:30. Getting into the turning lane to go west on EG Blvd is sometimes a task in itself.

    I agree that the chiptole parking lot sucks, super small spaces, when I do go there I get nervous hoping no one hits my car or door. as well as Jimboys/ Bamboo inn parking lot. I also agree that the post office on Bruceville. I usually park in the hometown buffet parking lot and just walk down past Tap x.

    Bel Air on EG Florin and Calvine. Especially during commute time, such a hassle to pull out to EG florin and get in the turning lane. (Good thing we don’t live over there anymore.)

    I get irritated with sprouts parking lot as well.

  • #276896

    Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    @gearshark23 106415 wrote:

    Geeez where is my I-5 folks.

    Let’s see

    Raley’s WTF… so much wasted space,

    I don’t shop there much, But I am assuming you are talking about the large tree in the center? I assume that wasn’t a choice of the developer, they probably had to work around trees without cutting them down.

    I vote for Chipotle as the worst

    I will always park further and walk. Make sit easier to park with a larger truck

  • #276892

    SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

    In terms of functionality, I agree about the Raley’s parking lot. However, I’ll take it to have that nice big tree in the middle – it is nice.

  • #276876

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    I think I have been to that Raley’s two times. I do recall the lot was not very good.

  • #276887

    Curlzz01
    Member
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

    I have to agree the Chipolte lot is the worst.. Then comes the Wal Mart lot on EG blvd.. I was there in the afternoon a few years ago. Driving very slow thru the lot right in front of the store.. All of a sudden some bottom feeder comes out from no where and slams his hands on the hood of my truck there were a couple other people with him also.. He Started yelling at me that I tried to run him down.. Which was total BS.. I rolled down my window and told him he was full of shit and to keep his hands off my truck.. I started driving off and he proceeded to follow me on foot, yelling saying he has my license plate and he was gonna have me arrested.. At that point I was livid, but since I was alone I could not do much for fear of being hurt, so I then slowed down and gave him a good look at my plate.. Of course he didnt write it down and that was the end of it..That little incident shook me up pretty bad and to this day I refuse to go to that store during the day.. If i need to shop there its like at 7am.. I know he was trying to scam me but it didnt work.. Just wonder how many other people he had done it to..

  • #276883

    LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

    For the most part, you can blame the city planners for these lots. It’s better now, but there was a period during the mid 2000s when they wanted lots of planters in the parking area. BIG planters with trees and shade and stuff. The classic outcome was a center in Roseville that is absolutely impossible to navigate because of the horrid parking. The regional planners all know about it and I think that one brought some folks back to reality–we’re seeing better lots now than before.

  • #276902

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    @curlzz01 106451 wrote:

    I have to agree the Chipolte lot is the worst.. Then comes the Wal Mart lot on EG blvd.. I was there in the afternoon a few years ago. Driving very slow thru the lot right in front of the store.. All of a sudden some bottom feeder comes out from no where and slams his hands on the hood of my truck there were a couple other people with him also.. He Started yelling at me that I tried to run him down.. Which was total BS.. I rolled down my window and told him he was full of shit and to keep his hands off my truck.. I started driving off and he proceeded to follow me on foot, yelling saying he has my license plate and he was gonna have me arrested.. At that point I was livid, but since I was alone I could not do much for fear of being hurt, so I then slowed down and gave him a good look at my plate.. Of course he didnt write it down and that was the end of it..That little incident shook me up pretty bad and to this day I refuse to go to that store during the day.. If i need to shop there its like at 7am.. I know he was trying to scam me but it didnt work.. Just wonder how many other people he had done it to..

    Whitelock and Bruceville WalMart if you need anything. Way more cleaner then the EG blvd one.

  • #276877

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    I haven’t been to the old Walmart since the new one opened. Parking is much better and it’s very clean.

  • #276878

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @lc 106456 wrote:

    For the most part, you can blame the city planners for these lots. It’s better now, but there was a period during the mid 2000s when they wanted lots of planters in the parking area. BIG planters with trees and shade and stuff. The classic outcome was a center in Roseville that is absolutely impossible to navigate because of the horrid parking. The regional planners all know about it and I think that one brought some folks back to reality–we’re seeing better lots now than before.

    I blame greedy developers. πŸ™‚

  • #276888

    Curlzz01
    Member
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

    i forget about that store Gearshark and I have heard good reviews about it.. Next time I make a Walmart run I will be going there…

  • #276899

    Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

    The irony of this post is remarkable to me! Yesterday, I read this thread and later went to donate blood. As I was driving in, I commented to my son that THIS was the worst parking lot in EG. While I was donating, someone came into the blood center in search of the owner of the car that had just been sideswiped. She told him the person quickly left the lot without leaving any info. (This Good Samaritan happened to see the event and was kind enough to take down the license #.) The staff at the blood center wasn’t surprised at all, saying it was quite a common occurrence. So…my vote is that the Blood Source/Post Office lot on Bruceville is the worst lot in EG!

  • #276897

    Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    Mostly, the ease of a parking lot depends on which way you want to travel when you leave. If you have to fight traffic to get across a few lanes to make a U turn, there are alot of parking lots that are a pain.

    I also agree with those that said Sprouts. Horrible location for that place. The pedestrians just walk right out in front of traffic and make it an absolute pain to get to by. There is always a steady stream of people leaving or entering that store.

    I was in the target parking lot yesterday. I don’t really mind that lot. As I mentioned I will just park further away and walk. The part of that lot that baffles me are the parking spots right in front of the store. REMOVE those. They cause the most traffic problems. People will just pull out and completely stop traffic from both ways. You don’t have to park RIGHT in front of the store. Don’t people think about the difficulty they will face later on? Park 20 feet away and you won’t have those issues.

  • #276903

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    @CJay916 106505 wrote:

    Mostly, the ease of a parking lot depends on which way you want to travel when you leave. If you have to fight traffic to get across a few lanes to make a U turn, there are alot of parking lots that are a pain.

    I also agree with those that said Sprouts. Horrible location for that place. The pedestrians just walk right out in front of traffic and make it an absolute pain to get to by. There is always a steady stream of people leaving or entering that store.

    I was in the target parking lot yesterday. I don’t really mind that lot. As I mentioned I will just park further away and walk. The part of that lot that baffles me are the parking spots right in front of the store. REMOVE those. They cause the most traffic problems. People will just pull out and completely stop traffic from both ways. You don’t have to park RIGHT in front of the store. Don’t people think about the difficulty they will face later on? Park 20 feet away and you won’t have those issues.

    I agree with you.

  • #276879

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    I don’t usually park in any lot up front, because backing out is a nightmare with the traffic back and forth. People mentioned the Bel Air parking lot on Waterman. I go there at least 3-4 times a week and I don’t find it that bad. The spots are angled, so to me that is easier to get in and out of. What is hard is if you want to go left onto Elk Grove Blvd from there. That is not easy and anytime after 3:30 pm, you can forget about it. If you want to go right on Waterman or EG Blvd, then it’s not an issue.

  • #276904

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    That Bel Air isn’t as bad on Waterman.

    I never park in the second stall in parking lots. It always seems people get hit parking there. I’m usually about 20 space away from the store out in the back. Unless it’s Wal Mart on Whitelock, I usually park in the Garden Center area.

  • #276905

    Bainc
    Member
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

    Funny how many of the complaints on here are related to drivers more than the parking lots. I have an idea…at 5pm don’t sit trying to exit a parking lot holding everybody up because you want to cross 3 lanes of through traffic to get into the left turn lane. How about you turn right and go straight through the intersection then make a u-turn down the road once it’s safe to get over. I see this constantly at the Starbucks at EG-Florin and Bond and many other places. This is a great way to get T-boned BTW.

  • #276895

    loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

    @bainc 106675 wrote:

    Funny how many of the complaints on here are related to drivers more than the parking lots. I have an idea…at 5pm don’t sit trying to exit a parking lot holding everybody up because you want to cross 3 lanes of through traffic to get into the left turn lane. How about you turn right and go straight through the intersection then make a u-turn down the road once it’s safe to get over. I see this constantly at the Starbucks at EG-Florin and Bond and many other places. This is a great way to get T-boned BTW.

    I agree. Or you can back-track a little in the parking lot, exit a little farther back (when possible) and have plenty of time to merge over and make your left (or u)turn. A few places come to mind (Safeway, Chevy’s, the aforementioned Sprouts).

  • #276898

    Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    @loonyman 106690 wrote:

    I agree. Or you can back-track a little in the parking lot, exit a little farther back (when possible) and have plenty of time to merge over and make your left (or u)turn. A few places come to mind (Safeway, Chevy’s, the aforementioned Sprouts).

    Their stupid mistake affects people behind them. I don’t want to wait because someone didn’t plan the best exit route. The drivers test should involve parking lot and driving scenarios. This simple multiple choice is too easy. That is assuming these drivers have a license.

    @bainc 106675 wrote:

    Funny how many of the complaints on here are related to drivers more than the parking lots. I have an idea…at 5pm don’t sit trying to exit a parking lot holding everybody up because you want to cross 3 lanes of through traffic to get into the left turn lane. How about you turn right and go straight through the intersection then make a u-turn down the road once it’s safe to get over. I see this constantly at the Starbucks at EG-Florin and Bond and many other places. This is a great way to get T-boned BTW.

    Bingo again! But that would inconvenience them… Just like the people that go 65mph in the fast lane because “I am going the speed limit.”

  • #276880

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    I go to the center by Safeway on Calvine. After I leave, I need to get back to Calvine and head east to get back home. I can either try and turn right from the center onto Calvine and then get into the far left lane and make a U turn or I can go out the north end of the center and turn left at the light onto Elk Grove-Florin. I always go to the north end because it’s so much easier. Trying to get onto Calvine and get all the way over to the far left lane is pretty tough at high traffic times.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.