What is Jacquelyn all about? YOU CAN’T STOP SMILING WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR! We are a family salon from shampoo sets, cancer care, hair loss specialists to the latest in hair, skin and nail fashion trends and styles. Jacquelyn is fortunate to have a family of staff that have been with her for over 6 years. One stylist began with Jackie in 1980’s and one stylist in the mid 80’s. I think it says something if your staff stays with you. We all work together to make this salon the most friendly, clean and up to date salon. The way Hair Salons used to be.
• No such word as “CAN’T”.
• 1980 opened our first Jacquelyn’s Hair Salon in South Sacramento, 1982 new location and second salon opened in Greenhaven, 1985 third salon and two locations J.P. & Co. begins.
• 1990 Salons sold and we returned to the Napa Valley where my adult life began in 1965.
• Napa Valley Deli co-owner, NV Cookbook Author, Gourmet Food Producer and NV Bed and Breakfast company “Oakville Gardens”. 1990-2004
• Retired in 2004 and moved back to Sacramento Area to Elk Grove.
• Recession hits and Jackie opens her Fourth Salon Jacquelyn’s Salon of Elk Grove May, 2010. I am fortunate to have a skilled professional staff. Two stylists I have worked with me at my second sold up until I sold in 1990.
• Jacquelyn Retired in Spring of 2013
• Fall 2013 Introduced WIGS AND CLIP IN HAIR TOPPERS to Jacquelyn’s.
• Spring 2014 Began volunteering at the American Cancer Society Free Wig program at the South Sacramento Cancer Center. Jacquelyn volunteers every Tuesday and also shaves heads for those losing their hair for free in the privacy of her room.
• In 2014 we expanded our salon presence in the Locks of Love program, CWL (Children with hair loss), Albie Aware and local Breast Cancer events as well as a Survivors Tea in October. We collect in our salon diapers, infants clothes and hotel amenities for Chicks in Crisis. When a local charity needs help we strive to include our staff and clients to support the cause. We cut the hair for Locks of Love and CWL For free and we send in all the forms and mail in the hair so no cost to them at all except if they want it styled after words. This service as all services are by appointment.
• August, 2016, Good Day Sacramento shares Jacquelyn’s and the Wig and Hair Topper story and hair loss awareness explodes and goes viral! I had already been helping hair loss clients, only after the airing of the show was I profoundly surprised at how large spread the women’s hair loss community is. It is acceptable and fashionable for Men with hair loss or being BALD it’s actually GQ! It is however the opposite for women. Whether it’s hair loss from health issues, genetics, or you simply want easy, full beautiful hair Jacquelyn has the answer for you!
• Words can’t explain the warm all over feeling we get when We get the smiles, tears and hugs, it feels good and We CAN make a difference! Thank you DAD there is no such word as CAN’T!
• At Jacquelyn’s we offer a full service family salon. Member of the Elk Grove Chamber of Commerce for seven years. Laguna baseball sponsor as well as donating baskets to several local causes. We are home of the “Safe and Sanitary Pedicure” including men’s foot and hand detailing and the only salon in Elk Grove offering SNS odor free nail system. And Rock Star Nails. We also offer in home nail care for clients that aren’t able to come in to our salon. We offer Ethnic and multi cultural hair styling and have a private station for religious or health concerns. We offer full body waxings, eyelash extensions and soon will be offering The Latest Eyebrow tinting technique. Two estheticians on hand offering facials, skin care, acne care for face and back and full makeup and skin care lines. A full Essential oil line and classes now available. We carry a full line of professional makeup, skin care products, hair care products and if we don’t have it Jacquelyn will get it for you. We also carrying a full line of inexpensive gifts for your hostess or dear friend and family including gift wrapping and gift certificates on line or in the salon.
• Every year in November or early December we give our clients a thank you holiday hair show extravaganza and in 2015 it was at the Falls Event Center with over 300 clients and guests in attendance. Jacquelyn and her husband made their famous “Turkey Tortilla Soup for all and had a full line of crafters for our clients gift giving.
WHY I CARE A personal story about being there for my cancer clients. Out of all the volunteering and career choices I have experienced in my lifetime this has to be my most rewarding. I have met some of the most amazing kind people in these last two years. Being there for them at this challenging time of their life is so rewarding for me. When they sit in my chair with hair loss they look and feel apprehensive and forlorn. Not knowing what to expect, what type of wig, what color is she going to put on me and we talk and learn a little about each other and the transformation begins. When they leave my chair they are always smiling and I get a big hug. They’re eyes light up and twinkle and a large smile forms quickly and a new happy person has evolved. This encounter has made a difference to her life and to mine, and a special person has been added to my lifelong journal of friends and my prayer list gets longer. I am so blessed that I have had the opportunity to help others in their time of need and comforting. A SMILE describes so much. Thank you all that have become my friends and I hope to see you again in the future at a restaurant, church, park or in my salon, please stop by and say hello and don’t forget the SMILE AND HUGS!
Thank you, Jackie
• Jacquelyn’s hours are 7-7 Tuesday-Saturday, evening hours, Sunday and Monday by appointment. It is best to always call for an appointment. 916-647-2648.
2475 Elk Grove Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Facebook: Jacquelyn’s Salon of Elk Grove
Virtual salon tour on GOOGLE and www.jacquelynssalon.com
[…] Spotlight on Business: Jacquelyn’s Salon September 29, 2016 […]
You must log in to post a comment.