What began in 1994 as a small harvest celebration is now Elk Grove’s largest family festival and attracts an estimated 45,000 guests each year. The Elk Grove Giant Pumpkin Festival is hosted by Cosumnes CSD Parks and Recreation in partnership with many sponsors. A portion of festival proceeds benefit local youth and service organizations.
Every year the festival attracts some of the largest pumpkins in the world.
Admission is free. Parking inside the park is $10.
Event Highlights include:
• Giant Pumpkin & Produce Weigh Off
• World Pumpkin Pie Eating Championship
• Pumpkin Regatta, Pumpkin Derby and Pumpkin Carver
• Kids Zone, Art Walk and Crafts
• Contests, Demonstrations, and Musical Performances
• Pumpkin Patch, Agricultural Area and Pumpkin Food
• Magic Show, Jugglers, Acrobats and Stilt Walkers
• Velocity Circus Show