This Sunday, April 29, is the 7th Annual Running of The Elk. There is a new course and a new location this year. This year the event will take place at the Kaiser Permanente Elk Grove Promenade, located near the Elk Grove ghost mall.
There will be a kids fun run, 5K, 10K and half marathon.
For more information on the event or sign up for the race, visit their website, Running of the Elk
Below is a listing of the closures and estimated times for Sunday’s event:
· West Stockton Blvd. and Promenade Pkwy from Whitelock Pkwy to Kammerer Road will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to Noon
· Kammerer Road from Bruceville Road to Promenade Parkway will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
· Bruceville Road from Bilby Road to Kammerer Road will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
· Bilby Road from Willard Pkwy to Bruceville Road will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
· Northbound Willard Parkway from Epoch Drive to Nevers Way will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
· Whitelock Parkway from Atkins Dr. to Bellaterra Drive (west) will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
· Bruceville Road from Del Webb Bl. to Whitelock Pkwy, Del Webb Boulevard from Bruceville Road to Westminster Way and Westminster Way from Del Webb Boulevard to Chatsworth Circle will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
· Big Horn Boulevard from Denali Circle (north) to Whitelock Parkway will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
· West Stockton Boulevard from Whitelock Parkway to Laguna Grove Drive, Laguna Grove Drive at Auto Passage Drive (Auto Mall), Laguna Springs Drivefrom Civic Center Drive to Lotz Parkway and Lotz Parkway from Big Horn Boulevard to Laguna Springs Drive will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.