EGPD COMMUNITY EXCHANGE ZONE
ELK GROVE, CA – Elk Grove Police Department is excited to announce the opening of its Community Exchange Zone. The Community Exchange Zone provides an environment with enhanced safety for people who buy, sell, or trade items in private party transactions with people they don’t know. Additionally, the area can be used as a safe and neutral site for child custody exchanges.
Located in the front parking lot of the Elk Grove Police Department, 8400 Laguna Palms Way, the Community Exchange Zone features two parking stalls, distinctly colored and marked with paint and signage. Additionally, there is a dedicated camera recording 24 hours a day. The goal of the Community Exchange Zone is to help reduce and deter fraudulent transactions, thefts, violent custody disputes and robberies.
Elk Grove Police Department recommends all private party transactions adhere to the following safety tips:
• Insist on meeting at the Community Exchange Zone or at least a public place
• Do not invite strangers into your home, and do not go to theirs
• Take your cell phone with you
• Tell a friend or family member about your intentions and when and where and with whom you are meeting
• Complete transactions during daylight hours
• Be extra cautious in buying/selling valuable items
• Trust your instincts and be cautious of scams