A task force made up of several local, state, and federal agencies arrested 18 individuals who believed they were contacting minors to engage in sex acts. Three of the suspects were registered sex offenders.
Operation Secret Admirer started on Valentine’s Day and concluded on March 1, 2023. Sacramento Sheriff Jim Cooper said the suspects pictured below may have contacted other victims.
Anyone with information about other crimes can contact the Sheriff’s Office at (916) 874-5115 or Sacramento Valley Crime Stoppers at (916) 443-HELP. Tip information may also be left anonymously at www.sacsheriff.com or by calling (916) 874-TIPS (8477).
The Sacramento Sheriff’s Department posted two videos on their Facebook page. One for the press conference and another with a behind-the-scenes look at the task force and some of the arrests.
Between Tuesday, February 14, 2023, and Wednesday, March 1, 2023, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office led a multi-agency undercover operation to combat online-facilitated sexual exploitation of children. Operation Secret Admirer resulted in the arrest of 18 suspects, the majority of whom were booked at the Sacramento County Main Jail for various charges that include:
• PC 288.3(a) – Contacting a minor with the intent to commit a sex crime
• PC 288.4(a) – Arranging to meet with a minor for lewd purposes
• PC 664/288(a) – Attempted lewd/lascivious acts with a child under 14
• PC 288.2(a)(2) – Distribution of harmful material to a minor
• PC 664/311.4(c) – Attempted production of child pornography
The operation was conducted by Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force investigators from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, California Department of Justice (DOJ), FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Sacramento County Probation Department, Elk Grove Police Department, Sacramento Police Department, Folsom Police Department, Placer County Sheriff’s Office, CACorrections Division of Adult Parole Operations (DAPO), El Dorado County District Attorney Investigations, Rancho Cordova PD, and San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.
Operation Secret Admirer began on Valentine’s Day when investigators posed online in various chat forums as children 13 years old and younger. They were contacted by the suspects who attempted to groom the child (undercover officer) by using sexually explicit language, sending pornography, attempting to convince the child to send sexual images and videos of themselves, then arranging to meet up with the child to commit a sex crime. 13 of the suspects traveled to a meeting location with the intent to meet with a child to commit a sex crime and were apprehended by awaiting officers. The remaining suspects were taken into custody at alternate locations.
Three of the arrested suspects were found to be registered sex offenders. One of the suspects was found to be on Felony Pre-Trial Monitoring for PC 236 (False Imprisonment) and was wearing an ankle monitoring device. All 18 suspects were charged with multiple felonies. If convicted, they will face prison or jail time and be required to register as sex offenders.
The success of this operation can be credited to the expertise of our investigators and the strong relationships with our regional, State, and Federal partners. The ICAC Task Force will continue to make proactive arrests of subjects who pose a danger to the community and our children, and we encourage the community to report any sexually explicit communication between adults and their children to their local law enforcement agencies. For additional information on the ICAC Task Force, please visit: https://sacvalleyhitech.com/icac
Investigators believe the arrested suspects have engaged in these acts before and are asking for the public’s help to identify additional unreported victims. There is no statute of limitation on these crimes; investigators encourage victims that may have been targeted by these individuals to come forward by contacting the ICAC Task Force or their local law enforcement agency.
Arrested Suspects from Operation Secret Admirer:
• Carrel Eversoll Weldon III (22), Walnut Grove (Registered Sex Offender)
• Christopher Eric Campbell (48), Citrus Heights (Registered Sex Offender)
• Adam Matthew Kuite 09/22/1986 (36), Olivehurst (Registered Sex Offender)
• Paul Clifton Turner (34), Sacramento (Felony Pre-Trial Release)
• Anthony Duane Page (30), Sacramento
• Pablo Noel Narvarro (28), Sacramento
• Frank Cardell Binger (59), Sacramento
• Vishal Prasad (30), Rancho Cordova
• Shomari Marwan Head (37), Sacramento
• Hyatt Reilly Simmons (34), Sacramento
• Elder Ulloa-Lopez (26), San Francisco
• Javier Flores (20), Sacramento
• Gabriel Tyree Tomboc (27), Vallejo
• Jorge Armando Herrera-Serrano (44), Citrus Heights
• Adrian Paul Alvarez (25), Sacramento
• Omar Bravo Ramirez 04/28/1995 (28) Orangevale
• Eric Michael Weaver (48), Lincoln (Booked in Placer County)
• Christopher Gavin Arnold (57), Lake Tahoe (Booked in Placer County)
You must log in to post a comment.