fbpx

Elk Grove City Council to vote on sharing Measure E sales tax funds with Cosumnes Community Services District

At tonight’s city council meeting, the council will vote on authorizing Elk Grove City Manager Jason Behrmann to execute a revenue-sharing agreement with the Cosumnes Community Services District (CCSD). Elk Grove voters approved the 1% sales tax increase last November. The first year is expected to bring in an additional $22.5 million. The sales tax increase took effect on April 1, 2023.

The city proposes setting aside 20% for future priority projects and a reserve fund. The remaining 80%, estimated to be $18 million, would be split up as follows. 62.5% to the city and 37.5% to the CCSD.

The breakdown of how the city would spend its share is shown on the graph below

Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Skip to toolbar