fbpx

EGUSD District Initiatives–Are You Happy With Them?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

LC
      Participant
      • Topics - 641
      • Replies - 7,148
      • Total Posts - 7,789

Or, have you ever looked at them?

If you have children there, have a look.

Do you see a pattern? Anything missing?

The reason I was looking at some local districts is because of the state school bond measure on the ballot. What many people don’t understand is that even if a local bond float proposal passes, and the state measure fails, some districts won’t be able to float their own bond without the 60/40 matching from the state. So, is it worth your money for the local bond and the state bond? You have the opportunity to see how your school might benefit–each is on the website. I dug around a bit, sampled a few. Oddly, Cosumnes Oaks gets about the same improvements as Kerr. Anyone see a problem here? These bond funds are for repairs and maintenance only. Does Kerr and CO need the same improvements? What is there, 50 years of age difference?

Back to the initiatives. Not picking on EGUSD alone, but in my opinion if I saw these on my district website, and most districts do have initiatives or a strategic master plan available, I’d be royally upset. This is what happens when political correctness drives the mission, not the fundamental purpose of the organization. How about one–just one initiative that has to do with learning useful things like math and English? Or getting English learners up to standards. Or preparing students with knowledge so that they may add value to an organization as well as to themselves when they reach adulthood? All I see is code words for political correctness.

Maybe someone would have enough concern to politely address the school board and ask why there are no academic initiatives listed. I would love to hear that answer, and I care because we’re a part of the business community, pay a ton of fees and taxes to the district without a voice, and the quality of output affects the nature and direction of the community.

kindrlindr
      Participant
      • Topics - 34
      • Replies - 2,374
      • Total Posts - 2,408

There is an entire section devoted to “academics” as well, just not as a district initiative. Maybe they come from the state vs the district?

LC
      Participant
      • Topics - 641
      • Replies - 7,148
      • Total Posts - 7,789

@kindrlindr 127761 wrote:

There is an entire section devoted to “academics” as well, just not as a district initiative. Maybe they come from the state vs the district?

No, those are entirely up to the board to decide. You’re right, there is a reference section on academics, but not part of the initiatives. That’s what I believe is a concern.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Just don’t buy a new home and you’ll be fine! 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.