fbpx
Advertisements

Elk Grove Dickens Faire and Christmas Light Parade, Saturday November 28

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  plasmadrive 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Sponsored by: premierauto.jpg and sinful.jpg

It’s almost that time of year again for the annual Dickens Faire and Christmas light parade. They call it the Parade of Lights. I’ll call it Christmas light parade. 🙂

The Dickens Faire is 10 am to 4 pm in Old Town. The street is closed off from 2nd Avenue to Derr Street. There are lots of vendors and activities.

About the Dickens Faire
    The Old Town Elk Grove Dickens Street Faire is the traditional start of the Elk Grove Yuletide Season, held every year on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. Stroll through Old Town and explore local shops, craft and vendor booths, dine al fresco and mingle with friends and neighbors.

Arts and craft vendors, commercial vendors and community groups fill Elk Grove Boulevard from 2nd Avenue to Derr Street while the food vendors are conveniently distributed throughout the area. Free entertainment is available all day featuring live music, magic acts and more

If you would like to be a vendor or a sponsor, you can visit the Dickens Faire website for more information and download the application. http://www.dickensstreetfaire.com

At 6pm is the Christmas Light Parade. The route of the parade has changed this year. It will not be starting in Old Town. It will now start at Emerald Park Dr and Elk Grove-Florin road. That is just south of Elk Grove Blvd. The parade will then head north on Elk Grove-Florin and then turn right on Elk Grove Blvd. It will stop at Walnut Ave for the annual lighting of the Christmas tree. Entry into the parade is free and everyone is welcome. You can view and download the application. Entries must be turned in by November 23.

http://www.elkgrovewebs.com/df/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-HOLIDAY-Parade-App_Dickens-Faire-2015.pdf

Sponsored by: premierauto.jpg and sinful.jpg

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Anyone going to the Dickens Faire or the parade?

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I may show my ugly face at the parade…. :wink2:

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Not planning on attending it, hope all goes well. I dont know. I am looking at the flier. it would be nice to get out.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@violarose 120375 wrote:

Not planning on attending it, hope all goes well. I dont know. I am looking at the flier. it would be nice to get out.

To be honest with you, the parade doesn’t look that exciting to me.. but I think I need to see what is going on in case either the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts take me up on my offer to liven the thing up! 👿

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Not exciting?? You try and line-up 300 girls to walk the parade… and You know I’m in Plasma!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@scarlet 120379 wrote:

Not exciting?? You try and line-up 300 girls to walk the parade… and You know I’m in Plasma!

LOL! Not me…. I would have a hard enough time lining my own self up..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Well OK then.. the parade was fun.. there really were 300 little girl scouts.. Not too many boy scouts though..

Other than my feet freezing a bit and someone in one of the old cars that didn’t know when to quit with the siren.. it was very enjoyable!

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Plasma – I think we actually had over 400 girls plus leaders and some parents – we just didn’t quit, we kept going and going and going…. 😉 We had fairies, snowflakes, elves, candy cane fairies, gingerbread girls, Christmas presents and trees, chefs making cookies and much more!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@scarlet 120383 wrote:

Plasma – I think we actually had over 400 girls plus leaders and some parents – we just didn’t quit, we kept going and going and going…. 😉 We had fairies, snowflakes, elves, candy cane fairies, gingerbread girls, Christmas presents and trees, chefs making cookies and much more!

You had a potpourri of munchkins for sure.. too cute

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

The Boy Scouts do the Veterans Parade….and the Western Festival Parade. In all my years in scouts, we have never done the light parade. No idea why……

Plasma, were you by any chance at the gym this morning? There was a guy who looked like you, but I didn’t get a good look, I was in class. lol

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 120385 wrote:

The Boy Scouts do the Veterans Parade….and the Western Festival Parade. In all my years in scouts, we have never done the light parade. No idea why……

Plasma, were you by any chance at the gym this morning? There was a guy who looked like you, but I didn’t get a good look, I was in class. lol

That is kinda strange.

I was at the gym yesterday.. playing Racquetball…. Usually don’t play on Saturday but some guys put it together.. so I went.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We ended up going at the last minute. We celebrated our Thanksgiving yesterday because we were out of town on Thanksgiving. We ate early, around 1 pm and then decided to go. Hooked up with some friends down there. We were in front of the teen center, across from B of A. Parade was okay. It was more about hanging out with friends. It was a little cold. There have been years where it was colder though. They changed the parade route of course which made it less convenient for us. We used to just sit out in front of our office and watch there and we could go back inside and get some hot chocolate or cider and we would have food there too. I think the new route makes it longer so more people can see it and it’s easier to access because of the side streets.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

We ended up taking the kids to the empty lot by the empty mall and they shot off rockets. It was brisk out there!

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I think they changed the route because of the train tracks, I should have asked Lynden last night. A couple of years the train has come thru and we had to stop. A little nerve racking when you have that many girls crossing the tracks and worrying about a train and their was a weird divider the walkers would always trip over – I always had to stand on it and direct. It was definitely an easier walk, less road obstacles to maneuver around

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Plus the road is wider too.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

@plasmadrive 120387 wrote:

That is kinda strange.

I was at the gym yesterday.. playing Racquetball…. Usually don’t play on Saturday but some guys put it together.. so I went.

I thought that was you. lol I was in the class right near the racket ball courts. I am there all the time. 🙂

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I also heard the reason they changed the route was due to the train tracks.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 120413 wrote:

I thought that was you. lol I was in the class right near the racket ball courts. I am there all the time. 🙂

Well heck.. say hi next time you see me. I usually play about 5:30am on Tues and Thur at that club. I may start playing more on Sat if I can get good games set up..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.