fbpx
Advertisements

Have you seen the new portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

Ugghh…what a terrible portrait of Catherine. The artist aged her by 10 years. She has bags under her eyes and her expression looks like she just ate something awful. Why would an artist portray her that way – deliberately paint her with that smile and those bags? There is no sparkle in her eyes….blehh. She just looks so dull – not at all like how she looks in real life shots.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/11/world/europe/duchess-of-cambridge-first-portrait/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

The royal couple was happy with it. Maybe it looks better up close.

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

Yes, everyone knows paintings always look better up close, right? :sarcastic

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I mean instead of seeing a photo of it. The couple is happy with it. Not sure why anyone is upset.

pepsilvr
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 1,278
    • Total Posts - 1,383

she looks old in it. but it isnt my portrait.

Karen
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 504
    • Total Posts - 519

I agree, it doesn’t seem to embody her very well. But even if she didn’t like it, I’m sure she’d say that she did.

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

Who gives a shit about anything related to British royalty? I can’t ever fathom why an American would give a crap what these inbreds do.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I will love to answer this question. I am going to get a pimple for saying something mean to somebody, but it just got to be said. It is the worst picture ever taken. She must be bold and ask for a redo. It is simply not acceptable. ( πŸ™‚ )

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

She’s a beautiful woman and that portrait is so bad one has to wonder if someone submarined her.

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

@violarose 72562 wrote:

I will love to answer this question. I am going to get a pimple for saying something mean to somebody, but it just got to be said. It is the worst picture ever taken. She must be bold and ask for a redo. It is simply not acceptable. ( πŸ™‚ )

Agreed.

DocL, that’s the one hundred thousand dollar question. Why do we care? I don’t know. Royalty, celebrities, movie stars – all have fascinated the general public since…..ever. Since you single out Americans I’d like to point out that Obama was elected again. Sigh.

pepsilvr
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 1,278
    • Total Posts - 1,383

I am not sure how many people actually care. It came on the news and I thought wow they made a 30 year old woman look like she aged 10 plus years and is trying desprately to hold on to her looks. I would not have gone looking for the story even if I had just heard about it and didnt’t see it. The media makes it seem like we should care. I just don’t believe that many of us really do.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I don’t understand why this is news. It’s a painting.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.