• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

I was coming home from a meeting last night on I5 and noticed that sometime later this month until October, between 10PM & some early morning hour that BOTH freeway off ramps on Hwy 5 going Southbound will be closed. Ok, call me crazy but BOTH off ramps into Elk Grove????:confused: :tut_tut:

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

That’s not good planning. So you have to go all the way to Hood Franklin and get off the freeway?

lakesidebull
      • Topics - 23
      • Replies - 784
      • Total Posts - 807

Maybe CalTrans figured that in a bedroom community like Elk Grove, everybody should be in bed and asleep by then. πŸ˜‰

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

According to Tom and Whim that would make them republicans if they are concerned about what we are doing in our bedrooms. πŸ˜‰

lakesidebull
      • Topics - 23
      • Replies - 784
      • Total Posts - 807

Alrighty then DocS, maybe they figured we’d be passed out on the sofa from smoking marijuana from all of our pot houses. πŸ˜‰

tomwaltman
      • Topics - 96
      • Replies - 6,770
      • Total Posts - 6,866

No Doc. Conservatives. Republicans are the sane people that want government OUT of our lives. You know, the ones that the Conservatives are fighting against.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Tom, is there a republican group that cuts off it’s nose to spite it’s face and vote for a liberal for President?

tomwaltman
      • Topics - 96
      • Replies - 6,770
      • Total Posts - 6,866

No, but there was a very large one that reminded the Republican Party that they might want to consider fiscal issues before social ones.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

And voting for Obama improved that?

tomwaltman
      • Topics - 96
      • Replies - 6,770
      • Total Posts - 6,866

We’ll see, now won’t we.

superior
      • Topics - 66
      • Replies - 1,608
      • Total Posts - 1,674

Mmm mmm mmm!!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

@tomwaltman 19275 wrote:

We’ll see, now won’t we.

Just a short time ago you were saying how horrible he was. Has your opinion of him magically changed? Did the aliens come down from outer space and come out of a pod and snatch your body? You were one of his biggest critics it seemed not too long ago.

tomwaltman
      • Topics - 96
      • Replies - 6,770
      • Total Posts - 6,866

Doc, are you nuts? I haven’t said anything about liking Obama. NOTHING. I just liked McCain, and his trainers, MUCH less. Simple. I took one evil I understand and can vanquish, over another i understand and CAN’T vanquish. Once you civil liberties are gone, you will never get them back without a lot of American blood. I’ll take fixing Obama’s screw ups any day over the social agendist conservative’s freakin’ evil ideas.

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

ok you political goofballs, do any of you guys know why??

Raven
      • Topics - 205
      • Replies - 2,442
      • Total Posts - 2,647

Uh, what was the question again? :confused:

Scarlet
      Participant
      • Topics - 268
      • Replies - 1,786
      • Total Posts - 2,054

I thought I had gone to the wrong forum for a second. Thanks for the psa HusterNotary. I now know we are a bedroom community that needs to be in before 10, smoke pot on our sofa’s, the republicans want out of our lives because fiscal issues are more important right now, somebody doesn’t like somebody not sure who and we should have voted in a liberal? I think I missed a couple things, but I think that covers it for the most part πŸ˜‰

If anyone figures out why the cal trans thought this was a good idea to close both ramps let us know, I think it’s because they want to show off their Sheldon off ramp, and make everyone get off there.

lakesidebull
      • Topics - 23
      • Replies - 784
      • Total Posts - 807

Frankly, Scarlet …. (just kidding, I’ve always wanted to say that :wink:)

CalTrans’ website gives a vague report that they are doing something to one or both of the bridges, and there will be lane control. It doesn’t say anything about closing the offramps.

Interstate 5 (Sacramento County) from Elk Grove Boulevard to Laguna Boulevard: Motorists can expect one-way traffic control from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday. A contractor is scheduled to do bridge work.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist3/departments/d3press/roadworkViewer.php?id=354

Good thing that I’m always in before 10, smoke pot on our sofa’s, because the republicans want out of our lives because fiscal issues are more important right now, and somebody doesn’t like somebody not sure who and we should have voted in a liberal. πŸ˜‰

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

Well, this is confusing, because the sign say’s both on ramps will be closed. My husband comes home around that time in the evening from work so he’s a bit concerned. He’ll either have to get off at Hood-Franklin and come back the other way or get off the freeway WAY before Laguna. And we live right off HWY 5 and Elk Grove Blvd. What a freakin hassel:frown:.

Scarlet
      Participant
      • Topics - 268
      • Replies - 1,786
      • Total Posts - 2,054

You can tell I was confused, I was thinking 99 not I-5

itsallinthepits
      • Topics - 53
      • Replies - 684
      • Total Posts - 737

Huster….tell hubby to tell the boss that he has to leave early, so he can get off the freeway before he can’t. πŸ˜‰

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

Ok, so we’re driving home on HWY 5 last night from the Lincoln area and I’m kabitching about the closing of Laguna Blvd and Elk Grove Blvd off ramps and one thing I didn’t even notice was that the signs stating that both off ramps are closed don’t even show up till your WAY past the Pocket off ramp. So if you even want to get off the freeway earlier, you have NO choice. Your kind of stuck til you get to the Hood Franklin exit. What the heck is up with that??????? Sorry for the second rant again, but this really ticks me off. Does whoever is working of the off ramps think that Elk Grove doesn’t exist? And that the town REALLY does close up at 10PM? Because if your not off the freeway by then, you have to go miles out of your way to turn around and come back. Does this annoy anyone else but me:eek::eek: If this was just a very, very temporary thing, I’d probably not even care, but this is going to be going on til October. Ok, I’m going to get off my soap box now and drink my tea.

kindrlindr
      Participant
      • Topics - 34
      • Replies - 2,374
      • Total Posts - 2,408

They might be doing work on both ramps and don’t know day to day which one will be affected. Would you rather they say “every other day,” or “every third day this one will be closed”? Crews are hired for a price, they are probably getting the most done they can. They probably have a good reason to do it the way they planned. I think it stinks too, but at least it’s not during the day.

ErinO
      • Topics - 9
      • Replies - 795
      • Total Posts - 804

When does this actually start? I will definitely be affected coming home from work after 10.

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

The signs said it was to take affect as of August 12th til October sometime. And your going to have to get off the freeway at Hood Franklin and turn around and come back unless you live closer to the Pocket area then you can get off the freeway there. But the signs don’t show up til your PAST the Pocket exit. We were on I5 this weekend and there wasn’t any problem so maybe they took the weekend off.

Viewing 23 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.