fbpx
Advertisements

Looking for Iphone 4s

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

My iphone 4s has decided to stop working. I believe there may be some slight water damage although it wasn’t submerged. I tried the rice trick with no success.

Anyone have or know of a place to get a replacement phone. I am trying to avoid spending $750 at the AT&T store.

Looking for a 32 gig White Iphone 4s if possible.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

You probably don’t want to hear this, but this is why I carry insurance on the iPhones. Mine has some internal problems that resetting can’t fix, and Verizon is replacing it at no charge. Sorry this happened CJ but do consider insurance. Over time it has paid for itself and then some for us.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Did you try taking it to the apple store? They’ve replaces several devices for people I know when there was slight water damage but not enough that should have caused a problem. (apple’s words). They replaced hubby’s iPod for me. It’s worth a try.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@CJay916 61214 wrote:

My iphone 4s has decided to stop working. I believe there may be some slight water damage although it wasn’t submerged. I tried the rice trick with no success.

Anyone have or know of a place to get a replacement phone. I am trying to avoid spending $750 at the AT&T store.

Looking for a 32 gig White Iphone 4s if possible.

I considered the insurance when I first purchased the phone. At the time it didn’t make sense. $10 a month plus $100-$150 deductible. So after paying the insurance plus deductible thats several hundred dollars.
    Plus, I am usually very safe with my phone and in the past never needed a replacement. BUT, now insurance makes ALOT of sense. 😑

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@newmom 61217 wrote:

Did you try taking it to the apple store? They’ve replaces several devices for people I know when there was slight water damage but not enough that should have caused a problem. (apple’s words). They replaced hubby’s iPod for me. It’s worth a try.

Heading there after work today….. Fingers crossed..

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@lc 61215 wrote:

You probably don’t want to hear this, but this is why I carry insurance on the iPhones. Mine has some internal problems that resetting can’t fix, and Verizon is replacing it at no charge. Sorry this happened CJ but do consider insurance. Over time it has paid for itself and then some for us.

I considered the insurance when I first purchased the phone. At the time it didn’t make sense. $10 a month plus $100-$150 deductible. So after paying the insurance plus deductible thats several hundred dollars.
    Plus, I am usually very safe with my phone and in the past never needed a replacement. So at the time I felt like that was money I would never see again. BUT, now insurance makes ALOT of sense.

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

CJay, Apple replaced my iphone 4 which was out of warranty for $150, without any extra time on my contract.
    Make an appointment, go to the store and see what they offer.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Definitely try the Apple store first. You won’t find a used white 4s 32 gb for cheap.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@doclaguna 61221 wrote:

CJay, Apple replaced my iphone 4 which was out of warranty for $150, without any extra time on my contract.
    Make an appointment, go to the store and see what they offer.

Never been to the apple store, do you have to make an appointment? I was going to go this afternoon.

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

@CJay916 61224 wrote:

Never been to the apple store, do you have to make an appointment? I was going to go this afternoon.

It helps to have an appointment for the genius bar.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

If you don’t have one you can wait in line. If you make an appointment you might not get one today.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@CJay916 61220 wrote:

Plus, I am usually very safe with my phone and in the past never needed a replacement. So at the time I felt like that was money I would never see again. BUT, now insurance makes ALOT of sense.

The deductible is terrible, but often times you won’t need it if the phone goes bad. You will if you lose it or damage it. I carry it largely because i’m on the water a lot and bad things happen there. In my current case, I get a new phone no charge.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

First I went to AT&T because they are closer. Since I just got the phone in January I Obviously couldn’t get a “discounted”/ “Upgrade” phone. I was just hoping they would meet me in the middle or show a little loyalty since I have been a customer for 12 years.

They said I get get a new phone for $750, $550 if I waited until July. They gave me another option of getting a phone for $300 if I added another line for $20/month or I could use the upgrade from my parents or a friend.

So, I headed out to the apple store. After some waiting, I was able to get a replacement phone for $149 and added apple care. A one time fee of $99 and you are able to replace the phone twice for a deductible of $49. I was actually relieved when the empoyee said the replacement phone was going to be $149. I like that figure alot more than $749!!!

Well after about $250 I learned a few lessons. iPhones don’t like water (well, I guess I knew that), Get Apple care, and don’t deal with AT&T when your phone breaks.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Verizon is no better when it comes to phone warranties, so it’s not AT&T. Next time I might try Apple care instead of the Verizon insurance. For me V insurance is slightly cheaper as there’s no deductible due to a phone defect, but if I had lost the phone and if Apple Care would cover that (not sure) then AC is a better deal at $49 vs $150 deductible if the coverage is for more than a year.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Good call. Apple is usually pretty good about that stuff. My nephew had his phone about a year and dropped and the front glass shattered. They replaced it for free.

Pink Panther
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 26
    • Total Posts - 32

I used to have Apple Care but never renewed it as they told me they don’t replace lost iPhones. They will replace it if it’s damaged though. Be sure never to lose it!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.