New member introduction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 74 reply threads
  • Author

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

We’ve had a few new members sign on recently. If you are new or old here is a good place to introduce yourself.

I’ll start. My name is Doc, and Divotmaker and I started this forum just over two years ago. Welcome all new members and feel free to post about whatever makes you happy.

EGdonald
      Participant
      • Topics - 1
      • Replies - 176
      • Total Posts - 177

Hiya Doc (and thanks! 😉 for starting this thread), and the rest of the EG community.
      :biggrin:
      My name is Donald, and I recently (sorta) moved into the EG area in 2010. I am a Sacramento native and lived here all my life – well, with a few short stays in apartments out in the Folsom area in apartments prior to finding my home here in EG.

I’m 31 years old (as of this posting), and very interested in seeing what this forum has to offer. I really like the local online forums, as they obviously have A LOT, if not everything, topics that would relate and interest me. I have a pretty good sense of humor and like to be sarcastic MOST of the time. I also belong to a handful of other online forums, so hopefully my experience from those sites will help me conduct myself here 🙂 . I understand how text cannot carry my sense of humor or sarcasm, so I’ll try to make it as apparent as possible.
      But if I do step on some toes or offend you, please PLEASE know deep down I do not mean any such thing. Take it as light humor… unless you see this emoticon following my posts: 😡 😡 😡 and yes, it has to be 3-consecutive “mad” faces to be an official “angry” comment, hehe.

I went to Sacramento City college, transferred to UC Davis – a total of 7years of higher-education; oh boy, and not a moment too soon! That is, college costs seems to only rise.
      I like to ride motorcycles… I am a car enthusiast… I like to learn new things; Especially in becoming a new home-owner, I like to learn how to maintain my house, my lawn, and whatever else to keep a nice looking place I call “home”.

So, I’m getting married soon… and I’m Chinese (Chinese-American for those who want to be PC about it – or just American, if you like that better, haha), so it requires some special preparations to make the parents of both families happy. I went to go look up some city ordinances in a google search, and found a post in this forum about the topic – I’m not going to go into details about what I was researching until after the fact haha… nonetheless, I must say I had no idea cities/communities (ie. just the general forum with no particular interest other than residence) had such forums. I glanced through the threads and saw some pretty active posts and topics, and it’s good to know it’s alive in here 😎

Anyway, hope to make some good acquaintances here on the forum.

jusme
      Participant
      • Topics - 258
      • Replies - 800
      • Total Posts - 1,058

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to dive in, you will like it here on Elk Grove – Laguna!

poncesportraits
      • Topics - 11
      • Replies - 16
      • Total Posts - 27

Welcome EGDonald! I am Lonna Ponce of Ponce’s Portraits and would be happy to help in any way I can with your wedding plans. I have a location here in EG (Old Town Franklin) called Chantilly Lace – The Wedding Place (also the home of Ponce’s Portraits) where we have hand picked the areas best wedding vendors and would love to share with you. You and your fiance are welcome to stop by anytime Friday – Monday 11-5 to get some free referrals, ideas and resources for planning the perfect day, or if you just want to thumb through some wedding albums while your fiance tries on some wedding gowns, that is fun too. You can also check out Chantilly Lace – The Wedding Place website at http://chantillylacetheweddingplace.com Or call me at 916-479-3431

We area also having an Open House & Bridal Event on April 22, 2012 from 12-4 and would love to have you join us, meet all the vendors in person, see a fashion show, try some yummy food, and have a complimentary limo ride from the parking area at Franklin Elementary to our front door. Please RSVP so I can add you (or any other interested parties) to the guest list. It is an open house so anyone can come, not just people getting married…

RadioElkGrove
      • Topics - 10
      • Replies - 7
      • Total Posts - 17

Hi, all. My name is Denny Gomez. I found this and registered as part of my community research. I produce an online internet-radio magazine RadioElkGrove.

I like to see what is going on, what our community is doing, and of course, report on those items that are most useful to the citizens. If you know of something I should learn about, I’m all ears. And I’m not above some shameless self promotion, if it falls withing the rules of the forum.

Great to be here. Thanks for having me.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome aboard!

morgandog
      • Topics - 16
      • Replies - 202
      • Total Posts - 218

Hello all!
      My name is Chris aka morgandog!
      I come in peace and sent by Ila… She said that the site over here is a better site and people here are respectful and kinder. I look forward to some good dialogue and chat. I am a person who very much respects others opinion and will never bash, slander or degrade you for not being in line with my thoughts! I some times have strong opinions but they are my opinions and dont expect you to agree with me all the time.
      I am a very fun person and willing to help those who need help. My wife and I are replants to the area 10 years ago. Ist me my wife and my two girls Cabo and Morgan….yes, my two four legged girls and yes I love my Yellow labs!
      I have signed off of that other site and will never go back and so looking froward to chatting with you all! You might see me around town in the beautiful Blue Jeep. If so reach out your hand and say hello!
      Take care and will be chatting soon!

newmom
      Participant
      • Topics - 206
      • Replies - 6,204
      • Total Posts - 6,410

Were you cabodog on the other site? I seem to remember a yellow lab avatar and the name “cabodog”

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome to the website Morgan.

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

Yes it’s Cabodog, and Chris, I am so glad your here!!! Welcome aboard!!

EGdonald
      Participant
      • Topics - 1
      • Replies - 176
      • Total Posts - 177

welcome morgandog 😀

egdad
      Participant
      • Topics - 3
      • Replies - 384
      • Total Posts - 387

Welcome!

ComfortZone
      • Topics - 19
      • Replies - 106
      • Total Posts - 125

Hello there!
      I hope that I can come back,
      I have been gone for awhile.
      The “other” place that I was hanging out has not been very kind,
      and I am wanting to be a part of a more active,
      more INTER-active community.
      I have always felt welcome here, and want to renew my advertising status….
      i feel better already!

Blessings,
      Lisa Schaeffer

Raven
      • Topics - 205
      • Replies - 2,442
      • Total Posts - 2,647

Welcome back!!! That other place has a tendency to be very negative.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Lisa, you and anyone else is always welcome here. Contact me next week and we can work something out. I’ll send you a PM.

ComfortZone
      • Topics - 19
      • Replies - 106
      • Total Posts - 125

Thanks…
      I will say that I could not get a response to anything that I said…
      no matter where I posted.
      Some threads lay there and stayed there!
      I want to be active and supportive,
      and I FEEL WELCOMED!
      Yeay!
      Thanks Doc
      Connecting next week is good for me.

egdad
      Participant
      • Topics - 3
      • Replies - 384
      • Total Posts - 387

Welcome!

catmom
      • Topics - 8
      • Replies - 9
      • Total Posts - 17

Hi Lisa and everyone….

I am going to try to get on here more too. I just am not a huge computer fan……but nice to see old friends on here!

jusme
      Participant
      • Topics - 258
      • Replies - 800
      • Total Posts - 1,058

Welcome Catmom! Good to see you here!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome back catmom!

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

Hi Catrmom and Lisa”)”)

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

oops, Catmom, I fat fingered it

morgandog
      • Topics - 16
      • Replies - 202
      • Total Posts - 218

Hi Catmom! Long time no see and your just down the street! Merry Christmas!

Raven
      • Topics - 205
      • Replies - 2,442
      • Total Posts - 2,647

Welcome Mr. Walker!!! Hope you enjoy it here!!!!

Mr.Walker
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 11
      • Total Posts - 11

Welcome back! Im a newbie here as of last night, and since the world didnt end i suppose ill have much more time to get to know everyone and possibly have some great convo’s and debates… One thing i love to do is have a healthy argument, even better if i win it :beatdead: :sarcastic

violarose
      • Topics - 106
      • Replies - 2,959
      • Total Posts - 3,065

Well the Mayans didnt know about time zones, so until today is over, we wont know ; )

Mr.Walker
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 11
      • Total Posts - 11

Well i missed it but i hear the was an odd yet beautiful sunrise this morning…Here in Sac it was said to be reddish in color. I googled it and saw that Maryland had more of a purple hue to it. I wonder what other colors were available throughout the country and the world !?

Raven
      • Topics - 205
      • Replies - 2,442
      • Total Posts - 2,647

The sky was beautiful this morning!!!

Annet50
      Participant
      • Topics - 30
      • Replies - 133
      • Total Posts - 163

yes it was a unusual sunrise this morning. I was trying to attach a image but it wouldn’t work

Annet50
      Participant
      • Topics - 30
      • Replies - 133
      • Total Posts - 163

I’ll try it this way, todays sunrise
      DSC_7981E2toprs.jpg

DSC_7979E2toprs.jpg

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Cool photos!

Karen
      • Topics - 15
      • Replies - 503
      • Total Posts - 518

Wow, that is beautiful.

joy
      Participant
      • Topics - 99
      • Replies - 3,934
      • Total Posts - 4,033

Those are good pictures. The light this morning was a strange almost yellowish color. It reminded my of the way the light looked when we had that recent eclipse.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Just wanted to point out this thread for some of our new members. I also created a new forum called….wait for it….. New Members Forum
      It will be a good place for new members to also ask questions. I moved a couple of threads about the technical side of the website into this forum too.

Anyway, welcome to the website and don’t be afraid to ask questions or give your opinion.

Doc

dtb1003
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 3
      • Total Posts - 3

Hi All!

I’m Diane and happy to be BACK in EG! I bought my house in 2002 but left a couple of years later to help out with mom and dad who were in ill health in the bay area. I was gone for 9 years, just recently retired, and now I’m back in my old (new) EG home again. It feels good to be home! I just need to find a new dentist, hair stylist, etc. Any suggestions for a great inexpensive handy man would also be much appreciated! I have a bunch of sprinklers that need fixing and some odd jobs like a kitchen faucet replacement too. There will most likely be other things popping up so I will probably reach out to you for suggestions, thanks in advance!!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome back Diane! Lucky for you there are lots of hair places here in Elk Grove. Andrea Nowak at the Boulevard behind Denny’s does quite a few people I know. Her number is 801-3305.

I’ll check around for a Handy Man.

Ila
      Participant
      • Topics - 87
      • Replies - 1,458
      • Total Posts - 1,545

I’ve been here for 8 years or so and have been seeing Dr. Couch DDS on Laguna Blvd. Love him and his office staff 916-683-2300. Welcome back :):)

sea
      Participant
      • Topics - 107
      • Replies - 3,062
      • Total Posts - 3,169

Welcome back! I’m a huge fan of Dr. David Burke, Signature Dentistry on Laguna Blvd. He’s wonderful and the first dentist I’ve ever had who is virtually pain and discomfort free.

As for a hair stylist – for contemporary styles and colors I recommend Kelly Wilson at House of Hues on Elk Grove Blvd. For simple but quality and not as pricey, I’d recommend Donna at Expressions Salon.

itsallinthepits
      • Topics - 53
      • Replies - 684
      • Total Posts - 737

I second Dr. Burke. I moved to this area in late 2000 and had gone through 4 other dentists before trying Dr. Burke. I wish I would have found him sooner.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

We have had a few new members sign up this past week or so and wanted to bring this thread up in case they missed it.

Jax_Of_Hearts
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 10
      • Total Posts - 10

I’m a new member that signed up because of the wonderful 12 Days giveaways! My name is Jacqui and I own Time Well Spent Massage (one of the businesses that is sponsoring the give aways). I look forward to meeting everyone!

tomwaltman
      • Topics - 96
      • Replies - 6,770
      • Total Posts - 6,866

Welcome Jacqui! Glad you found your way over here. It is about time. 😉

bevone
      Participant
      • Topics - 60
      • Replies - 1,069
      • Total Posts - 1,129

@Jax_Of_Hearts 89231 wrote:

I’m a new member that signed up because of the wonderful 12 Days giveaways! My name is Jacqui and I own Time Well Spent Massage (one of the businesses that is sponsoring the give aways). I look forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome Jacqui! This is great forum. It has been rather quiet here lately so these contests are a great way to generate some activity. Thank you for participating.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Quick welcome to the new members who have been signing up. Thank you for joining us. Hopefully you can find a topic you like, or you can always start a new topic of discussion. If you have any questions, feel free to post it here or send me a private message.

jusme
      Participant
      • Topics - 258
      • Replies - 800
      • Total Posts - 1,058

So glad to see you here Jacqui, welcome:)

newmom
      Participant
      • Topics - 206
      • Replies - 6,204
      • Total Posts - 6,410

Jacqui is a wonderful massage therapist to those looking to give the gift of massage. I happen to like to be on the receiving end of such a gift, in case any of you wanted to get me something for Christmas.

LC
      Participant
      • Topics - 641
      • Replies - 7,148
      • Total Posts - 7,789

Great addition to the site, welcome Jacqui!

I had not checked in across the tracks for a couple of months, and did a bit ago. Wow. What bitterness and negativity. What makes these people so angry? I remember when it was actually fun with some good people, with good ideas, and a good word for fellow members. That’s ALL gone. I guess we should expect that, given the political leaning.

adiffer
      Participant
      • Topics - 179
      • Replies - 9,504
      • Total Posts - 9,683

I’m not sure it is the political leaning. I see people on each side and they LIKE fighting with each other. That is what I think has changed. The folks who don’t like that are the ones who are missing in action.

From what I’ve seen in other communities, that is the typical death spiral. Eventually the forum turns into an insult-a-thon and troll training ground. Advertisers leave and the whole thing evaporates. They aren’t quite to the insult-a-thon stage yet, but they are certainly flirting with it.

LC
      Participant
      • Topics - 641
      • Replies - 7,148
      • Total Posts - 7,789

Conservatives are happier and more positive than liberals. Too many studies and surveys not to believe that. We’re generally an optimistic group. Liberals seem to be constantly perplexed with fantasy inequities and victimization.

adiffer
      Participant
      • Topics - 179
      • Replies - 9,504
      • Total Posts - 9,683

Of course you all are happier. You are comforted in your ‘knowledge’.
      WE know doubt and flounder around for solutions. 8)

Seriously, though, a good community needs all types. We are at our best when we are comforted by our own delusions, but occasionally reality-checked by the skepticism of our friends and neighbors. For example, I like being an optimistic liberal. It confuses some conservatives long enough that we can talk TO each other instead of AT each other. It’s loads of fun and I get to learn something along the way.

mystt8
      • Topics - 4
      • Replies - 53
      • Total Posts - 57

Welcome Jacqui! Great source to use! I love that I can find out about new businesses, and just about anything going on in or around Elk Grove here!

wolfwoman
      • Topics - 2
      • Replies - 36
      • Total Posts - 38

I was elkgrovepam on the other site, haven’t been on this one in a while, but like Jax, the 12 days promotion intrigued me. Plus, some of my good buddies are on here!:waving:

I will post more as I am on vacation for 3 weeks, happy holidays, y’all!

newmom
      Participant
      • Topics - 206
      • Replies - 6,204
      • Total Posts - 6,410

Enjoy your vacation, Wolfwoman!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome Wolfwoman! Too bad you missed the first 6 days. 🙂

bevone
      Participant
      • Topics - 60
      • Replies - 1,069
      • Total Posts - 1,129

@wolfwoman 90068 wrote:

I was elkgrovepam on the other site, haven’t been on this one in a while, but like Jax, the 12 days promotion intrigued me. Plus, some of my good buddies are on here!:waving:

I will post more as I am on vacation for 3 weeks, happy holidays, y’all!

:waving: Back at ya girlfriend! Enjoy your vacay.

wolfwoman
      • Topics - 2
      • Replies - 36
      • Total Posts - 38

But I am sure I will randomly win in the next 6! 🙂

Birdofparadise
      Participant
      • Topics - 1
      • Replies - 82
      • Total Posts - 83

Hi my name is Linda, Birdofparadise on this site. I love my community and am happy and hopeful to find this forum in order to learn about things happening in EG and to listen to respectful thoughts of others around me. I like what I see so far! Thank you, Don, for creating this site. I look forward to visiting often!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome Linda! If you have any questions, let us know.

bones422
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 10
      • Total Posts - 10

Hello. My name is Bill. I’m new here and joined because of the 12 Days of Giveaways. Look forward to chatting it up with you all!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome Bill!

Leok20
      • Topics - 2
      • Replies - 22
      • Total Posts - 24

Glad I found an Elk Grove community forum. Looking forward to sharing and receiving good information.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Thank you for signing up.

egdad
      Participant
      • Topics - 3
      • Replies - 384
      • Total Posts - 387

Welcome folks.

Tracinae
      Participant
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 30
      • Total Posts - 30

Happy Monday Everyone! I am new to this Community Forum but am liking it already. I was excited to read that a Black Bear Diner is coming to town in July 2015. 🙂 Also it’s a great place to read up on gossip around town. Love it! Looking forward to sharing and reading new information in Elk Grove.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Welcome Tracy!

adiffer
      Participant
      • Topics - 179
      • Replies - 9,504
      • Total Posts - 9,683

Cool. We need a few more Broncos fans. 8)

Sparkeylaguna
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 3
      • Total Posts - 3

Hi. I am sparkey. New member for days of Christmas. Good to have another resource for local businesses and happenings.

Tracinae
      Participant
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 30
      • Total Posts - 30

Thank you. :waving:
      I am trying to figure out how to start a new topic though?.. Can you help me?

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Sure! Go to Forums at the top of the page under our banner.
      Then on the next page choose a forum to post your topic.
      Then click on Post New thread.
      Then type in a title
      Type something in the box below
      When finished click on submit new thread.

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

You can access our site from your mobile device too. That’s what I’m on now. 🙂

Tracinae
      Participant
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 30
      • Total Posts - 30

Awesome! Thank you so very much!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Here’s a quick video that shows how to post a new topic on here

[video=youtube_share;CtgXBj2X19o]http://youtu.be/CtgXBj2X19o?list=UUej7pLjzlRViQ5snn6FwNUQ[/video]

pray2day
      • Topics - 1
      • Replies - 10
      • Total Posts - 11

I excited to see what’s going on in Elk Grove, I feel I haven’t really explored Elk Grove much.so, hoping this forum will keep me updated on every thing going on in this beautiful city.

katierph
      • Topics - 0
      • Replies - 3
      • Total Posts - 3

Good morning! The 12 days of Giveaways brought me here. I’ve been browsing around, and I am happy to have found a great place to keep up with what is going on in my community!

EGL Admin
      • Topics - 3,087
      • Replies - 21,882
      • Total Posts - 24,969

Thanks for signing up Katie and welcome!

Viewing 74 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.